If you live in any of the following situations:
- A Shelter
- A motel or campground due to the lack of an alternative adequate accommodation
- A car, park, abandoned building, bus or train station
- Doubled up with other people due to loss of housing or economic hardship
PA Cyber may assist with:
- Wireless internet cards
- Additional school supplies
- Personal care product requests
- Support through the PA Cyber Student Assistance Program
As an eligible student or unaccompanied youth you have the right to:
Receive a free, appropriate public education.
- Enroll in school immediately, even if lacking documents normally required for enrollment.
- Enroll in school and attend classes while the school gathers need documents.
- Enroll in the local school or continue attending your school of origin (the school you attended when permanently housed or the school in which you were last enrolled), if that is your preference and is feasible. You may also attend a Cyber Charter School.
- Receive transportation to and from the brick and mortar school of origin, if you request this.
- Receive educational services comparable to those provided to other students, according to your needs as a student.
For more information visit https://www.education.pa.gov/Policy-Funding/BECS/uscode/Pages/EducationforHomelessYouth.aspx or contact the PA Cyber Homeless Liaison through the Student Assistance Program at firstname.lastname@example.org