PA Cyber to host Graduation Expos to prepare Class of 2016
Feb 2, 2016
The Pennsylvania Cyber Charter School officials today announced the school will hold a series of Graduation Expos to help students in the Class of 2016 and their families through the graduation process.
“When it comes to graduation, there are a lot of moving parts,” Dr. Michael J. Conti, PA Cyber’s CEO said. “So it’s never too early to get families and students together to walk through the details.”
Graduation Expo attendees will be able to submit graduation applications, order caps and gowns, mingle with other members of the Class of 2016, and make PA Cyber officials aware of any special accommodations they need on graduation day.
Conti said several stations representing the different facets of graduation will be set up at the Graduation Expos so parents and students can gather information on every aspect of the event:
- Station 1 will address graduation applications, and ordering caps and gowns, each of which will be on display;
- Station 2 will provide participants with graduation ceremony information, such as timeline, a checklist of items that need to be completed beforehand, and event parking;
- Station 3 addresses class rings;
- Station 4 provides an overview of Senior Field Days to be held June 5 at Kennywood, June 9 at Hersheypark, and June 11 at Dorney Park; and,
- Station 5 will walk participants through the process of filling out an application for the Senior Class Representative, a graduation leadership role.
Conti said that PA Cyber planned the expos to help seniors start planning for their special day.
“Members of our graduation committee will be on hand in hopes of helping parents and students through any issues or questions they may have, so that when it comes time for the milestone occasion, they can sit back, relax, and enjoy it,” Conti said.
The dates, times and locations for the expos are as follows:
Tues., March 1, 2pm-7pm
South Side Regional Office
2600 East Carson Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15203
Wed., March 9, 2pm-7pm
Philadelphia Regional Office
1553 Chester Pike, Suite 103
Crum Lynne, PA 19022
Thurs., March 10, 2pm-7pm
Harrisburg Regional Office
479 Port View Drive
Harrisburg, PA 17111
Casie Colalella / email@example.com
About PA Cyber
Serving students in kindergarten through 12th grade, the Pennsylvania Cyber Charter School (PA Cyber) is one of the largest, most experienced, and most successful online public schools in the nation. PA Cyber's online learning environments, personalized instructional methods, and choices of curricula connect Pennsylvania students and their families with state-certified and highly-qualified teachers, and rich academic content that is aligned to state standards. Founded in 2000, PA Cyber is headquartered in Midland (Beaver County) and maintains a network of support offices throughout the state. As a public school, PA Cyber is open for enrollment by any school-age child residing in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, and does not charge tuition to students or families.