Gifted and Talented Education (GATE)
PA Cyber’s Gifted and Talented Education program (GATE) offers services and programs planned, developed, and operated for the identification, evaluation, and enrichment of each of its gifted students. Its goal is to provide support for each gifted student based on the student’s unique needs. Qualifying students can participate in acceleration and/or enrichment programs according to their intellectual and academic abilities and needs. The GATE Coordinator and the GATE Facilitator design a Gifted Individualized Educational Program (GIEP) for each GATE student. The GIEP is reviewed yearly. PA Cyber’s GATE program falls under the auspices of Pennsylvania’s Chapter 16 regulations.
These provisions include:
- Services and programs planned, developed and operated for the identification and evaluation of each gifted student.
- Gifted education for each gifted student based on the unique needs of the student.
- Gifted education for the qualifying students enabling them to participate in acceleration and/or enrichment programs, and to receive services according to their intellectual and academic abilities and needs.
- A student GIEP (Gifted Individualized Educational Program)
The GATE program offers PA Cyber students unique opportunities. Examples of those opportunities are:
- Online, onsite, Enrichment courses for PA Cyber GATE and STARR students. Classes run on a six week basis in summer, fall, winter, and spring segments.
- Academic Games www.academicgames.org. Sponsors will meet with students online. GATE will offer participation in the following academic games: Mr. Presidents, Equations, Propaganda and Linguishtiks.
- Educational Outings and Environmental Events.
- Peer Coaches! Designated teachers, with the support of the gifted coordinator, would lead, support, and guide students, teachers, and parents in differentiated instruction; English/writing skills, and study/organizational skills focus
- Informational emails
- GATEway Series~Self paced enrichment courses
- Gifted IS~Instructional supervisors who work with GATE/STARR students